Wednesday, April 29, 2009

And There... It... Went!

Yep. There go the last three weeks! Since then, most of us paid our taxes, realized what horrible, terrible things we're doing to the Earth, had a nice cup of tea, and had a large fluffy rodent break into our houses and leave small, round, brown chocolates.

If you happen to remember where exactly I was in the game 3 weeks ago, you get a bonus point! Because I sure don't. Huh? Oh. No I don't exactly know what you're going to do with that bonus point. It's kind of like having a spy satellite over Switzerland, not very useful.

There are a few things I remember. Lots of close calls. ACP11 was the biggest heart-break. I just start shouting in WG. End up forming a party of: PLD PUP(me) SMN SMN BRD BLM. All of these people were pro's at their job. Most of them were decked out in some kind of combination of Abjuration, Relic, Salvage, or Nyzul armors. PLD tanked beautifully. BLM didn't miss a single Stun against -ga's. My Spiritreaver automaton continuously 1-shot nuked clones. The SMN's did their thing great too. It went perfectly, for 90% of the battle. Damn crystal uses Seed of Judgement twice within 10sec. Total wipe. Sooo close.

CP6-4. 1/6. 4 Runs one week. The first three we didn't get past Omega, and the 4th, we just weren't ready for Ultima. Second run, we actually got Omega to 1%, we wiped. Our guest WHM popped up, and instead of Raise the RDM or the PLD, decided to cast Holy. To jog your memory, <20% HP, Omega uses a Magic Shield move, making him 100% invulnerable to Magic Spells. WHM wasn't invited back the next week for 2 more attempts.

The next week, first run went smoothly, got Ultima to 13% with 3min to spare and we wiped. Last ditch effort and the SMN's Astral Flow doesn't work for some reason, and we time out. >.< The last attempt, however, went beautifully. One wipe. Only ended up using 2 CCB on Omega, used 4 on Ultima. Solid timing of Stun and Bash moves with Omega and Ultima in low HP% helped to prevent TP moves between CCB's.

Now, onto the CoP 7-4 NM's. Cryptoberry in Carpenter's Landing went down smoothly after one failed attempt where I wasn't able to outrun Mijin Gakure, but 2nd run went off without a hitch. Sea Monk in Bibiki Bay went smoothly until I was Hundred Fisted with 9% to go. Just couldn't keep up with the damage taken, despite all my Eva gear and merits. Bugard in Misareaux Coast went OK. Although wiki let me down: apparently his special TP move erases TP. Bad thing for PUP/DNC. 1st attempt left me face up with 12% remaining. The last 2 NM's I got help from a BST friend, it went nicely after that.

The biggest winner these past few weeks?
Puppetmasters!
If you thought that watching BST take down Haku was full of hax, then you haven't seen PUP burn party pwn Diabolos in the Avatar battle (not mission). PUPx5: 4 Reavers and 1 Soother. We cut the record from 17min to 9min and never once got hit. Definitely going to be doing this again, and frequently at that.

The biggest loser in these past few weeks?
My Wallet!
That's right, I got hit right where it hurts. Taxes aside, somehow I managed to burn through over 200k worth of RR earrings, Tavnazian Tacos, Persikos au Lait, Hi-Potion Tanks, etc., etc., etc. for CoP 6-4 alone. Now? I can't even afford bolt heads to synth my way out of this. Maybe I'll lobby my congressman to bailout the PUP industry. On the bright side, I am out of the long tunnel that are the capped fights for CoP. I'm also done with stuff like animas and CCB's for battles too. Nothing left to buy but the regular stuff I keep in MH anyways!

OK. There's the last few weeks in a nutshell. For those of you keeping score at home, I'm down to 10 more battles until all major storylines are complete, and I can get back to the quiet life of an adventurer. I've been working a little on BLM in down time. When I've knocked out a couple more storylines, I'll start leveling RDM before I work on endgame events for all that armor I didn't need to beat the stories >.<

OK I'm becoming bitter. I'm going to bed before I get myself in trouble. Stay tuned, maybe I'll increase my post rate to something a little more frequent than 1 post per month :P

1 comment:

  1. Woo - 3 week posts are fun aren't they? There is just so much more to talk about!

    Glad to see you're still alive and kickin' out there too. Oh, I would love to see a video of this Diabolos pup burn, or I would like to come. It sounds like a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete