Monday, April 6, 2009

A Night Full of Missions is like...

... hosting a kegger: you have to spend the whole next day trying to figure out what the hell happened to all that stuff you had in your house >.<

I may not remember what happened to a full stack of silent oils, a hi-potion tank, and my mythril platemail set, but I know one thing: most of 5-3 is toast! ... I think. Didn't sleep much after the party and before I had to get up for work, so I'm a little hazy today. I remember nearly escaping death after a throat stab in Pso'Xja. I got 1-shot by a snowball. And I totally tanked 3 mithra at one time...

Don't worry! PLD's always use protection!

After all that though, I woke up today weakened in the back of an empty cave in Uleguerand Range. I made sure to wear my Ice Trousers before logging off to be on the safe side. Though I forgot to take my Gallant Leggings off beforehand >.>

ANYHOW

I severely underestimated the amount of legwork involved with Tenzen's Path. There was nothing terribly challenging about the battles, but the running around sucked. Next we did Ulmia's Path. I think someone had those mithra declawed. I ran in, Sleepga goes off without a hitch, Provoke one, Flash another, while WAR provoked the third. They went down one by one. Then we hit the northlands. BLM had a bit of a problem missing the hole, took aggro and died twice. He was nice enough to HP to save the trouble of a rescue operation amidst true sight mobs and elementals. Once we got into the Snoll battle, we unloaded on him.
Inferno
Chainspell Fire 2
Flare
Souleater + Last Resort + SATA + Guillotine
Warcry + Berserk + Mighty Strikes + Aggressor + Raging Rush.
I was pretty useless lol. I think I got off one Flash before eating Hiemal Storm. I got up, Provoke, Sentinel, Shield Bash... and no hate.

At this point a lot of us were pooped, BLM had to log, I needed sleep before work, so we elected to save Louverance for next week.

Never got to try WotG 10, friend never responded to /tell >.>

Attempted AU42, 0/6. Supertank strategy failed >.< Will try this week if not doing CoP, elect to sleep BLU and solo a gear this time.

ZM16: 1/2. That's right! ZM = DONE! Party was: PLD DRK SAM RDM BLM PUP. I pulled Pamama out to start first attempt, and he got 1-shotted by phase shift. Second attempt I saved Pamama until after Exoplates went down, activated, overdrived, and nuked away. First attempt we also had a problem with deaths during exoplates. Also, in 2nd form, damn boss kept moving out of our BLM's casting range. 10% left when we failed >.<

All in all, this week had rocky preparation, but everyone was cool and professional when it counted, even if it didn't work out. That makes me optimistic for coming weeks. At this rate, we will be done CoP by Memorial Day! At which point, I'm gonna get myself a beer and a burger and chill for a moment before starting the path for Apocalypse Nigh. Nothing but madness for the next few weeks!

And here... we... go!

No comments:

Post a Comment