Sunday, February 22, 2009

When It Rains, It Pours

Booyah! It was a big week for me in Vana' diel! Check out all those mission advancements! AU22, Corporal, Brass Wings of Service, and Floor 5 on Nyzul! Looks like I've set myself up for some serious progress each week. Here's hoping I can keep a solid pace.

Now that I'm restarting my drive through the storylines, I've started to look more at the rings and such offered at the end of each. For the life of me I don't know which to pick. When it comes to PUP, my accuracy isn't exactly stellar, so Rajas may actually hurt me. Besides, Sattva would be sexy on my PLD, which ends up helping more than anything when it comes to missions. Ulthalam's Ring seems like a better choice for my melee build, but at the same time, I can buy an Accuracy ring from the AH any day (and I did, sold Venerer and bought Ecphoria this week, sick of camping NM's after Shaman's Cloak), and Balrahn's Ring has that Magic Accuracy +4, which could go well for spells as PUP/SCH. Besides, where else are you going to find Magic Accuracy for the ring slot?

Speaking of Magic Accuracy, I've got 100k Allied Notes now! Which means Cobra Trews and Cobra Crackows! But I haven't bought 'em yet. I have the Allied Notes needed to get promoted to the Mythril Wings of Service, so I plan on waiting until Tuesday so I can join the Cobra Unit, buy the items, then return to the good ol' Iron Rams and I'm only down to a Holyknight Emblem. This week will see me attempt solo'ing Wamouracampa Princes in Mount Zhayolm for the first time since I went on this +Magic binge, so I will report on my soon-to-be plentiful merit points in my next installment. If it goes as well as I hope, I can't let myself get side-tracked so much that I forget to do some kind of mission this week.

Which brings me to my progress report. As stated, I will soon be receiving the Mythril Wings in Campaign, but earlier this week I also got my promotion to Corporal in the mercenary company. I can't wait to become Captain so I don't have to pay that damn 200 ISP fee per runic use! The assault points would be welcome too. After receiving my PUP relic pants, I cashed in the AP that I was saving for Pahluwan Seraweels for items to sell. Which followed shortly by interest in leveling COR after I get PUP solidified. Yay me. Spend a couple months worth of AP in an effort to save me crafting time and then I think to level a job which would certainly need those AP items.

Anyways, I have yet to mention AU22, which went very smoothly with a pick-up party in Whitegate. PUP PLD RDM BRD BLM. Unbeknownst to me, the BLM was originally a WAR in the party, so I geared up PUP/SCH/Soother thinking that we'd need a little more healing power. We had a little too much healing. I could have broken Pamama down and brought out the BLM puppet, but we wouldn't want to have shown up the BLM AND Shan- err Karababa in one fight now would we? In retrospect I should have, but the mission is done, no need to reexamine the mission too much.

Oh! I finally got a Nyzul party that won! What do you know? I get a party that talks and jokes around while we get ready, we head out, the party leader provides solid orders and we work together. Win! It got close tho. The NM on the last floor was the target. With 3 minutes to go he hit us with Sleepga II. WAR (I think it was the WAR) goes down, SAM 2hr's. The RDM and I finally wake up. I drop Pamama off, put on those handy Hermes' Sandals (^_^) and make it to the rune with about 30 seconds to spare, just as the NM goes down and the WAR gets raised. The best part? IT COUNTS! It was a F1-5 run! That's exactly what I needed! 95 More levels and Hello Runic Key. Then I may just then begin working on that Brave Blade that's catching dust in my Mog Safe.

This week I hope to finish off Fine-Tuning and Automaton Melee Skill, while getting either AU29 or CP4-3 finished. I kind of feel like if I could just get ZM16, CP, and Apocalypse Nigh finished, then I'll have a huge weight off of my shoulders. I may focus on CP from now on and try to snag a ZM16 run if I see one in Whitegate. Well see what happens. Tune in next week, same PUP time, same PUP channel.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you're making great strides at perfecting your jobs! Great to hear!


    Let me know how PUP/sch soloing goes. I have most of the gear and what not for it, I just haven't ever felt like doing it.

    Good luck with all of your missions! That's a lot on your plate, but I'm sure you can do it!

    ReplyDelete