Monday, March 30, 2009

Speed Up!

I know this is a FFXI blog, but driving this week has been so bad that I have to bring a little of Earth into the blog.

I am an EMT and I work with an ambulance for a living, and obviously, drive frequently in it. But we've been over this before people, THE FAST LANE IS NOT FOR GOING 5 OVER! If you're too scared of getting a ticket, get the hell out of the left lane and into one of the 3 other lanes to the right side of the road so the rest of us can get on our way. Don't get me wrong, I'm not an aggressive driver, but there are unwritten rules of the road that ought to be followed. There are no written rules about standing in a line but people follow them anyways right? Going even near the speed limit in the left lane of a 4 lane highway is likely to cause an accident, so use the rest of the road!

Back to our little escape from the world shall we? This week took me into the depths of Garlaige Citadel (S) for The Haze of Glory quest for WotG story. CS's are soooo long, but at least entertaining. After an initial solo attempt ended in 2 dead puppets after linking the orcs around the seige machine, I thought it best to gather some other pupp-- err... people to help!

Without much effort shouting in WG I ended up with a decently balanced party: PUP/SCH/Reaver, WHM SAM WAR and PLD. Getting to the back of the battlefield map wasn't as easy as it was solo, and we had to deal with a number of orcs in the way. Now, I've been playing this game for over four years, but it didn't take nearly that long for me to figure out that YOU KILL BLM MOBS FIRST! The thought of taking 2 Thundaga III's may sound appealing to some other lunatic, but not this lunatic! Suprisingly enough, Pamama managed to survive the whole battle, despite tanking a couple of stubborn orcs who were lucky enough to survive Blizzard IV with 2-3 Ice Maneuvers.

Once we made it to the back, the melee's proved enough to manage the linking orcs while Pamama and I sat back dropping nukes. The seige machine was properly zerged with the aid of solid nukes courtesy of my alter ego. This week I plan on taking down the Jugner Treant NM so I can get myself into the battle of Jeuno and get another flag!

On the CoP front, no 5-3 to report, just another 5-2 run that was promised before. Stupid Impalement. We won, but I don't like cheap shots like that move. Note to future PLD in that mission: save Hi-Potions for the long-legged boss! The food-eating NM went down first and went down like a drunken prom date thanks to Freezex2 from our BLM's. Truth be told I haven't worked with nukers much, but it was nice having a couple seconds to spare between the Freeze volley hitting and the 2nd NM coming back from the Terroanima I hit him with. Then came Mr. Cheapshot Impalement. It was going so nicely until then. A Hysteroanima must've been slow, since I was hit by Impalement right as the 3rd NM attacked. No biggie, we won. Diamond Dust + Freezex2 + Meikyo Shuishi = Dead NM.

Coming up this week will finally be 5-3, but since I'm already prepped for it, I'm going to spend the week on WotG and maybe finally getting ZM16 done. It's a lofty goal, but I'm going to give it a shot Saturday night, which means I probably shouldn't get off of work and make myself a rum & coke. But sacrifices have to be made people!

1 comment:

  1. I agree, there are certain necessary sacrifices that have to be made - especially if you had to drive in the left lane AT the speed limit.

    Maybe someone should write these unwritten laws down. Though, the ignorant fools who are involved probably can't read anyways... Maybe we'll just have to stick to passing on the right. :D

    ReplyDelete