Monday, March 23, 2009

The Times They Are A-Changin'

I'd say that I'm breaking from my usual format, but since that's usually a baseless rant, not much is really going to change. I had originally intended to make this a brief post telling of the adventures in Promyvion-Vahzl on Sunday, but as I type this, a good friend of mine on the game is telling me that he's leaving the game for good. For those of you who don't know, when I started this character I also started my own LS when I had the money. My recently departed friend was one of the first members of that LS. He was always willing to help where needed, and was the only other pet job in that starting group. I've got to be the one to show the pet pride from now on! He says he's going to send his Wyvern to a farm out in the country where it can run around...

Gee that sounds nice! ^_^

Times like this make me wonder what I'm going to be doing after I finish my missions. God knows after four years I'm finishing these damn storylines! Afterwards though, am I going to end up in an endgame shell getting all the nice gear that I didn't need to do these missions? Will I stop caring and just level up 15 jobs at once? Will Pamama be left to collect dust on the shell of my MH? Will Oprah's moogle finally admit to his fish problem and check himself into rehab? The answer to these questions... right now:
No
Yes
No
No

Getting back on track, CP5-2 was really disappointing. Two weeks of preparation, a full squad of people who needed the mission, with a nice party setup: PLD WAR SAM DRK RDM SMN. I know what you're thinking, "Ouch, how many times did they wipe?" Truthbetold, not once. I rarely use the term "absolute pwnage" but it applies well here. We climbed without a single death. The floors left us plenty of room to run and everyone stuck together. As it turns out, the status-stealing NM doesn't absorb enchantments from items, which left me with High Breath Mantle, Enfire, and Ice Spikes to tank in.

In the BC fight, we elected to fight the status-stealer first to allow the use of buffs for the other two. For those of you who know me, and know how carried away I get, it shouldn't be any surprise to you that as the 3rd Boss was nearing critical health, I had a sudden thought, "Oh! I could've used my Taco and Protect III a long time ago!" Yay me. I emptied a hi-pot tank for this battle, and it paid off well. Not once did I have to even consider Invincible, nor was I stuck with a dozen Hi-Potions in my inventory at the end of the fight. Aside from the WAR stealing hate with an obscene WS, (I have filters up so I didn't see the damage, just a large portion of the Boss's HP Bar disappear) we had no deaths. When it came to anima orders, my NM died too quickly that I didn't even need to use my hysteroanima, let alone touch the 2nd set that I put in my mailbox weeks ago.

Aside from CP5-2, I reobtained my Brass Wings in campaign, and I've reached floor 9 in Nyzul Isle. Ooo! There's a good story there. We luck out all the way through floor 8. No problems. 1 Enemy Leader, 1 Lamp floor, 1 Floor Clearing. We had to take out the Leader on the 8th floor. Which actually went OK. We had to deal with a soulflayer but it went down without too much of a struggle. It's the Bio effect that wiped out 3/4 of the melee. (RDM/BLM and PUP/SCH healer, no Erase >.<) We wipe out the 9th floor with a little struggle because the melee were weakened. With 5 minutes to spare after resting someone hits "Go Up" instead of "Quit" on the rune.

That's good news.

Objective: Eliminate Specified Enemies.

Just outside the corner of the rune room is a chariot that cons Impossible to Gauge. Can we actually do this?! Melee rushes in. I deploy Pam nearby and stand @ the rune. Chariot goes down with 15 seconds left. Rune doesn't unlock... It was a family floor! >.< So close to floor 10!

Well, that's all the exciting news for this week, next week I hope to write of clearing 3/3 of CP5-3, but that's optimistic given the running involved. Here's hoping!

1 comment:

  1. Woohoo! Congratulations on the CoP wins! Nyzul does get easier, I promise. Just find a good group of people with the right jobs and never let go... never... let... go...


    I should really start doing missions, but I'm too busy with school and leveling and Nyzul static. But that's okay, the way I look at it is that the missions will always be there, these leveling/gear opportunities might not.

    Nice update, as always.

    Oh and I've nonchalantly been leaving rehab pamphlets on the maple table in my MH, hoping my Moogle will stumble across them while cleaning. No luck yet.

    ReplyDelete